Welcome to the Farsight Files...

My photo
I have always had an interest in the Paranormal and all things strange, as far back as I can remember. However, I have never really looked deeply into the subject, well until now! You see the other great interest of mine was to write, but never found a subject which inspired me. I created the Farsight Files as a means to document my experiences, what I learn and hopefully any cases I investigate. I hope you enjoy reading the blogs and please feel free to leave comments, as they fuel further discussion and subjects for blogs.

Thursday 22 January 2009

Jessica Foreman of Knuts and Bolts Productions Wants You To Believe !


As Jessica Foreman of Knuts and Bolts Productions prepares for the first night at the Jamaica Inn, the first investigation site for her paranormal series 'I Want To Believe'. I thought now would be a good time to post this piece on her and the production.

Before I get into the bits and pieces on Jessica herself, I thought I would just post the link for the promo for the series as it stands.





Filming begins tonight and we wish the team and fellow Paranormal Investigators (Miles Cason, Josie King, Melanie Bennett, Carl Ventre, Wesley Osmond, Mark Johnson, Ana Stone and Steve Westbrook) the best of luck. I wish I was joining the investigation, as the Jamaica Inn is a fabulous location and on my list of places to investigate. Fingers crossed that you'll capture some good evidence of activity there.


With filming due to start, I have decided to share the conversation that I had with Jessica regarding her, her interest in the paranormal and the 'I Want To Believe' production.


I stumbled across Jessica and the 'I Want To Believe' show courtesy of Facebook by complete chance I think. In fact I think somebody somewhere pointed it out as something I should take a look at which I am really glad that I did. At the time I was just starting out in the paranormal field, learning all the time, but had some ideas in my head. One of which is a TV Series of my own (watch this space), but after getting the idea pretty much sorted I soon realised that no one was truely interested in the idea. To be honest I don't think they even bothered with it. The only feedback I ever received was that it would be pointless going up against such a brand name as Most Haunted. However, when I first spoke to Jessica about the idea and in turn her show too, I soon realised something I hadn't seen before. This was someone who personally had an interest in the paranormal too, not only that was interested in producing something of worth. She told me in brief her idea and advised me to attend the open call to be on the show, which I did and found myself in the second group. So, if the pilot is successful (fingers crossed) then I should be attending an I Want To Believe investigation.


As ever I wanted to know more! So managed to convince Jessica to have a little MSN interview with me, and here we are.


Jessica became interested in the Paranormal much unlike the rest of us, something in her past sparked an interest and a thirst to know more. She told ghost stories with her friends as any of us may have. However, in her case the spark that linked the gost stories to entertainment may have come from a slightly different source, the TV show 'Ghostwatch'. The show 'blew me away' she told me, and she incorporated the idea into her own ghost stories. She would make videos of herself and friends visiting supposedly haunted locations around her neighbourhood, which were not actually haunted at all, but they pretended they were. A simple play on the 'Ghostwatch' idea.


Ghostwatch, although a total hoax and clever one at that brought TV investigations of the paranormal into the mainstream. It probably paved the way for shows like Most Haunted.


'Most Haunted started as a good idea, but became too commercial and therefore another fake, or most of it.' Jessica commented. To be honest I have to agree, I lost faith in Most Haunted long ago and alothough they are once again trying to show the use of proper investigation techniques, my trust in the show has gone.


'They use good professionals, but waste their knowledge.' Jessica added. Again I have to agree, as far as I can tell so far paranormal investigation is all about the knowledge, the information, the evidence and cross matching those to prove theories and substantiate evidence. If you have access to good professionals and information always use it.

Jessica helped her former business partner at Knuts & Bolts Thomas Reynolds produce some sci-fi series, which were following in the footsteps of the X-Files. However, passionate about her paranormal interests, Jessica wanted to show audiences what really goes on in haunted places.

Reality TV wasn't really Jessica's thing orginally. 'Thought it was a cheap shot at getting people famous, or something.' She told me. However, it wasn't long before she realised the potential to do some good work in the area. And after meeting with an old friend and discussing those old ghost stories, the 'I Want To Believe' series idea was born.

With her contacts and experience on the hit UK paranormal TV series Most Haunted, Jessica got to work putting together her show. It was from Most Haunted that she met her shows Medium, Pierter Morgan. 'Through Morgan I got a wider view of the proper paranormal investigation world.' She told me, and it was then she began her own research in to who would be the best investigator for her show.

Just like I did, Jessica discovered some of Andrew Green's work and then Ted Thornby, who learnt from Andrew. She wanted Morgan and Thornby for her own series and she is making it happen. However, she required some backing and once again through Morgan she met a very interesting man, who must remain nameless, but is the main backer of her show.

It was with finance in place and the help of her team that Jessica managed to secure Thornby for the production. She knew he had to be involved from his passion and knowledge of the paranormal. Thornby didn't disappoint either and gave his full attention to the creation of the show. ' I listened to all the advise he had on how to shape each episode and what would be the best to show the audience.' Jessica told me and from this advise the format of the show came together.

A new approach came to light, rather than spending a single night investigating a location the show was to remain in the same location for several nights. This was to properly investigate the location using Thornby's methods and gadgets. In addition to this a group of paranormal enthusiasts would join the investigation with their own cameras and assist in the investigation. The idea is for the combined equipment of Thornby and the enthusiasts to cover as much of the location as possible. That way if the evidence is there, then hopefully the team will find it. These groups of enthusiasts will also change after a couple of episodes, allowing for fresh views and ideas to enter the show. All in all a format and idea I think may just work. Thats not just because I am in the second group either, but does encourage me to look forward to it all the more.

I wish Jessica, Ted Thornby, Pieter Morgan and everyone else good luck in tonights investigation and filming of the first episode, the pilot for 'I Want To Believe'. We look forward to seeing the results and the pilot itself ofcourse.

Please keep an eye on the Knuts and Bolts Productions website (http://knutsandbolts.com/tv.html) for further show details. Who knows it may be hitting our TV screens soon.

Also, as ever please free to comment on this post below, I really enjoy reading you comments and sometimes include them in future posts.


2 comments:

  1. Go group two! I'm there Too dont forget! :P

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame it was all fake - two filmmakers trying to spin a feature film, which never got made.

    ReplyDelete